AN OVERNIGHT fire in the basement of City of Perth council house has caused about $60,000 in damage and closed the public car park this morning.
Smoke was reported pouring from the basement of the St Georges Terrace building at about 4am and crews from Perth Fire Station attended the electrical fire, which was extinguished 20 minutes later.
City of Perth CEO Gary Stevenson said the building's power supply was partially restored this morning, allowing business to continue as normal.
“The situation will continue to be monitored and will depend on Western Power successfully completing repairs,” he said.
The Council House public car park was closed because of a limited power supply.